Life Skills Teacher, (Grade 8 - 12) UAE. UK, UAE, interviews
16000AED (£3500 / $4300) per month tax free) + medical, return flights, visa
United Arab Emirates
m2r Education are working in conjunction with Pure Talent on a highly prestigious government project in the United Arab Emirates.
We have requirements for Life Skills Teachers to teach in government schools in the UAE. These roles are located in Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al-Khaimah, Fujaira and Ajman.The Life Skills curriculum is delivered in all boys schools. (Grades 10, 11 and 12). The aim of the Life Skills program is to prepare students for a better tomorrow and equip them with the necessary skills to become valuable members of their respected communities.
Face to face interviews only.
- UAE interviews, 17th June (Sharjah)
- UK interviews, 24th, & 25th June (Saturday & Sunday) – Manchester & 26th June (Monday) London.
SKYPE INTERVIEWS WILL NOT BE CONDUCTED
Please note, priority will be given to applicants with previous Middle East experience
Life Skills curriculum overview
- A new curriculum that covers a range of ‘Life Skills’ topics to include Communication, Teamwork, Leadership, First Aid, Dealing with accidents and emergencies and much more
- A highly practical driven curriculum that recognises the value in developing the student as a whole
- A curriculum that adopts a teaching and learning strategy aligned with vocational education and training
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of teaching/training a range of learners
- Experience of implementing a wide range of teaching/training and learning strategies
- Proven track record of success as an outstanding teacher/trainer
- Proven track record of motivating students to achieve success
- Proven track record of effective behaviour management
- Experience/good understanding of using technology to engage students
- Employment or relevant experience with youth groups (e.g. Army Foundation, Duke of Edinburgh, Cadets, Junior Leaders, Sports Clubs, NEET students)
- Experience/good understanding of the development and implementation of training programs
- Experience of vocational education/training and has a good understanding of practical learning theories
- Bachelor’s degree in a Life Science or Health Science; or Nursing
- Minimum Level 3 qualification (e.g. NVQ, BTEC)
- Life Skills/Adventure Training/Physical Education training qualification
- Valid First Aid certificate
- 16000AED TAX FREE per month (£3500GBP / $4200USD)
- Medical (self and family)
- Initial and end of contract flights for self and family
- Relocation Assistance of 13 days in temporary accommodation (4 days induction + 9 additional days)
- Employment Visa
- Holidays are as per academic calendar of the school where you will be teaching
- End of service benefit of one month’s basic salary for each complete year of continuous service (pro rata where required)
- 2yr contract, renewable
- NOTE: No accommodation or schooling is provided.
Please note all employment offers will be subject to 2 professional references and a current DBS check / police clearance
Face to face interviews ONLY
Start Dates from August 2017 onwards