Vocational Institute Director, UAE. UK interviews
FROM £75k tax free + housing, relocation and schooling allowance, family visa, medical & flights
United Arab Emirates
Higher Ed / Further Ed
m2r Education and looking for Academic Institute Directors for the organisation based in the UAE.
UK (LONDON) INTERVIEWS - 2ND - 4TH NOVEMBER
Backed by the Abu Dhabi government, their fundamental core aim is to provide career training to Emirati nationals with the aim of developing future industry and business leaders.
They have an immediate need for Institute Directors with an engineering background to ensure the establishment and successful operation of the Institute. The aim is to build the Institute as a leader in education and to prepare the students for the next generation of growth and innovation.
- 10-years’ experience in working in related Institutions at Senior Management Level.
- A clear understanding of the Vocational Education Sector.
- Masters Degree in an education related field
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Strong leadership, management and planning skills.
- The ability to think creatively and strategically to successfully mediate and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally and at board level.
- Sound understanding of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector in an International Context.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to establish and maintain business relationships with key stakeholders and customers.
- Proven negotiation and mediation skills.
- Capacity to direct vocational skills analysis with local industry and advisory bodies in order to meet the skills needs of the Abu Dhabi Community.
- The ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines.
- Solid understanding of all aspects of practical training assessment.
- Establish objectives and specify the strategies and actions to achieve these objectives.
- Knowledge of Academic Governance, Educational Institutional Effectiveness, Higher Educational Institute policies, standards, procedures and practices.
- Excellent skills in organizational and strategic planning, supervision, independent decision making and program evaluation.
- Strong financial acumen, prior experience with budgets and financial statements.
- High level understanding and demonstrated cultural awareness and sensitivity to Islamic Culture as exists in the UAE.
- Competitive salary with basic salary of AED30431 (£6300 / $8200) per month TAX FREE and accommodation allowance that ranges from AED 9984 (£2000 / $2700) to AED 15600 (£3200 / $4200) based on LOCATION and FAMILY STATUS.
- Benefits include: FAMILY medical insurance, FAMILY airfare once a year to your home country and FAMILY visa
- Education allowance of AED 80,000 per family per annum (up to 3 children)
- UAE residency visa (government) status, renewed every 2 years
- Relocation Assistance: flights to UAE for family, hotel for the first 9 nights and relocation costs up to AED 20,000 (£4300 / $5400)
- Contract is Permanent/Open Ended
- Salary is paid for 12months during term of employment
- 42 days annual leave plus all UAE public holidays ( as per government directorate)
- End of Service Benefit (EOSB) as per UAE Labour Law
The institutes are located across the Emirates so flexibility on location is preferred.
ASAP Start date
If you meet the criteria and can attend the interview please forward your CV.