Head of Business Development - Taiwan
c. NT$70000 + excellent commission, work visa, medical cover, flights (Excellent package for Taiwan!)
English Language Schools
m2r Education have an exciting opportunity for an experienced BDM with an ESL background to work for this well respected provider of business English courses in Taipei, Taiwan.
For over 20 years, they have been providing training and coaching courses for both local and multinational organizations across Taiwan's professional community. Their mission is to help Taiwanese professionals increase their range of influence in the competitive global business community by offering courses that help facilitate clear and effective communication in English. The organisation is western led and extremely stable so you will be working for a very professional company.
Due to internal promotion they require a Head of Business Development to join their team by December 2017
Your main remit will be to manage the current team of 2 BDMs as well as winning big ticket corporate business and maximising current client spend.
- Provide product and sales training where needed
- Monitor achievement of individual targets on a weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Ensure all prospects are contacted in a timely manner and CRM records kept up to date
- Support team with client visits, presentations and where necessary to help close prospects
- Provide guidance on lead generation
- Conduct regular reviews
- Develop big ticket accounts
- Conduct on going client visits
- Build existing client relationships
- Stay abreast of competitor landscape
Experience and Qualifications
- Native-English speaker with a training background (ideally at least 3 years business English training)
- Intermediate or above proficiency in Mandarin Chinese (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree
- ESL qualification
- Minimum 2-3 years sales experience
- Confident and comfortable making cold calls
- Sales team management experience
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills
- Client orientated
As this is a sales role, you will receive a basic salary of $NT70000 (£1700/mth) plus a very generous commission structure.
Of course, on paper it will be lower than in the UK so please bear in mind that this role is in Taiwan where the cost of living is considerably lower and a direct comparison is salaries is not possible. Please refer to this for more information: https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Taipei?displayCurrency=GBP
The package offered (as stated above) is extremely competitive meaning you will be able to live extremely comfortably.
Contracts are for one year and are renewable, you will receive a work visa, medical insurance and help with finding accommodation.
Please only apply if you meet the above minimum criteria and can join on / before December 2017.