PE Teacher, New Cairo, Egypt
TAX FREE salary £25,896 - £34,800 + furnished accommodation + annual return flights (for teacher, spouse and up to two dependents), free tuition for up to two dependents + medical insurance + shipping allowance
Drawing upon 150 years of experience, resources and a rigorous set of academic standards in the UK education sector, their brand new college opened its doors to its first students in August 2016.
Cairo is an exciting and vibrant place to live and offers an excellent standard of living. It is also a
very convenient location for travel and exploring the delights of South East Europe, North Africa
and the Middle East. The College is located in the outskirts of Cairo, close to the airport and
between two affluent areas of Maadi and New Cairo.
The Curriculum in their Early Years and Primary school follows the English National Curriculum,
enhanced and adapted to meet local requirements. In the Secondary school, students will follow the English National curriculum in Years 7-8, IGCSE in Years 9-10/11 and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme or A levels in Years 11 12/13.
Due to continued growth, they have a number of exciting opportunities available.
Candidates should have the experience and flexibility to teach PE either across primary/secondary
or across the age range of the Secondary School. Ability to teach swimming would be beneficial
but not essential.
The successful candidates will be highly committed team players with the drive, energy and
passion to develop this new and forward-looking school. Applicants must be willing to lead by
example and play a full part in the College’s pastoral care and co-curricular programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in working with students in the relevant age group.
- Experience in an international school is preferred but not essential.
- Experience of the British education system is essential.
- Experience in raising achievement and setting aspirational targets is essential.
- TAX-FREE salary (dependent on experience) with scales rising annually
- Free, fully furnished accommodation (including utility bills)
- Medical insurance
- Annual return flights for spouse and up to dependents
- Free schooling for up to two dependents
- Shipping allowance at start and end of contract
Please note all employment offers will be subject to 2 professional references and a current DBS check / police clearance
August 2017 start.