Deputy Schools Cluster Manager, (Grade 8 - 12) UAE (Dubai & Northern Emirates) UAE, UK, US interviews
27000AED (£6000 / $7300) per month tax free) + medical, return flights, visa
United Arab Emirates
We are working in conjunction with Pure Talent on a highly prestigious government project in the United Arab Emirates.
A ground-breaking educational programme in advanced sciences t has been recently launched in the UAE. Its aim is to prepare elite students to compete both nationally and internationally in academic and professional career pathways.
The programme will prepare students to meet the entry requirements of the best Universities in the UAE and overseas. In recognition of the globally competitive environment in which students will be participating, a number of lessons, such as science and mathematics will be taught in English, but with the onus still on the values and traditions of the UAE and its language.
Face to face interviews only.
- UAE interviews (Sharjah), 25th Feb & 18th March 2017
- UK interviews, (Manchester / London), April 2017 (Dates TBC)
- USA interviews TBC
- Canada interviews, (Toronto / Vancouver), March 2017 (Dates TBC)
SKYPE INTERVIEWS WILL NOT BE CONDUCTED
Please note, priority will be given to applicants with previous Middle East experience.
- To support the Principal, Co-coordinators and Teachers to realise the vision of the Advanced Science Progamme (ASP), through professional leadership and management of the teaching and learning.
- To look after a number of these schools in small ‘clusters’. The school could be located in any of the northern emirates but usually close together, no more than 10 schools.
- Facilitate and encourage learning which enables students to achieve high standards, in line with the vision of the ASP.
- You are expected to actively undertake professional development by being fully conversant with the latest curriculum developments.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of the ASP programme within the school
- Liaise with the Principal to ensure the resources available meet the programmes requirements, and take immediate action should there be any issues that impact on the quality of teaching
- Monitor student attendance and take the necessary action as determined by the ASP policy on lateness and attendance
- Ensure academic excellence is maintained through observations and monitoring of ASP teaching staff
- Develop training plans to ensure staff are regularly updated on the curriculum and other aspects of the programme’s requirements
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the programme
Qualifications / Requirements
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a senior role within a school or college
- Have a minimum of five years’ successful teaching experience within the disciplines of either mathematics or science or related subjects
- Experience gained from more than one educational entity
- A degree in a relevant subject area such as education, mathematics or a science-related subject
- Management and leadership skills including change management and business planning development and improvement.
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- UAE / Transferable driving license and willing to travel is a must
- 27000AED TAX FREE per month (£6000GBP / $7300USD)
- Medical (self and family)
- Initial and end of contract flights for self and family
- Relocation Assistance of 13 days in temporary accommodation (4 days induction + 9 additional days)
- Employment Visa
- Holidays are as per academic calendar of the school where you will be teaching
- End of service benefit of one month’s basic salary for each complete year of continuous service (pro rata where required)
- 2yr contract, renewable
- NOTE: No accommodation or schooling is provided.
Please note all employment offers will be subject to 2 professional references and a current DBS check / police clearance
Face to face interviews ONLY
Start Dates from March 2017 onwards