Cluster Supervisor - Maths (Grade 8 - 12) UAE (Dubai & Northern Emirates) UAE, UK, US Interviews
27000AED (£6000 / $7300) per month tax free + medical, return flights, visa
United Arab Emirates
We have requirements for highly experienced Maths Teachers to provide support to School Principals, Co-coordinators and Teachers on a brand new Advanced Science Programe in the UAE. These roles are located in Dubai, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al-Khaimah, Fujaira and Ajman and you will manage up to ten schools within one defined Emirate.
Face to face interviews only.
- UAE interviews (Sharjah), 4th Feb 2017 (Plus more dates TBC)
- UK interviews, (Manchester), 4th / 5th Feb 2017 (Plus more dates TBC)
- USA interviews (dates TBC)
SKYPE INTERVIEWS WILL NOT BE CONDUCTED
Please note, priority will be given to applicants with previous Middle East experience
This is a recently launched ground-breaking educational programme in advanced sciences to prepare elite students to compete both nationally and internationally in academic and professional career pathways.
The programme will prepare students to meet the entry requirements of the best universities in the UAE
and overseas. In recognition of the globally competitive environment in which students will be
participating, a number of lessons, such as science and mathematics will be taught in English, but with the onus still on the values and traditions of the UAE and its language.
The programme is taught by talented teachers from around the world, who have been brought into the
country to deliver the lessons and support the students in achieving their best grades.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of the ASP programme within the school.
- Liaise with the Principal to ensure the resources available meet the programme's requirements and take immediate action should there be any issues that impact on the quality of teaching.
- Ensure all periods on the ASP are covered.
- Monitor student attendance and take the necessary action as determined by the ASP policy on lateness and attendance.
- Ensure academic excellence is maintained through observations and monitoring of ASP teaching staff.
- Develop training plans to ensure staff are regularly updated on the curriculum and other aspects of the programme’s requirements.
- Engage parents and guardians to ensure they understand and are involved in the academic life of their child(ren).
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the programme.
Experience / Qualifications Required:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a senior role within a school or
- Have a minimum of five years’ successful teaching experience within the disciplines of either mathematics or science or related subjects.
- Experience gained from more than one educational entity.
- A degree in a relevant subject area such as education, mathematics or a science-related subject.
- Management and leadership skills including change management and
business planning development and improvement.
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to monitor progress and adjust plans accordingly
- Organisational ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- IT skills including data analysis
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- UAE / Transferable driving license and willing to travel is a must
- 27000AED TAX FREE per month (£6000GBP / $7300USD)
- Medical (self and family)
- Initial and end of contract flights for self and family
- Relocation Assistance of 13 days in temporary accommodation (4 days induction + 9 additional days)
- Employment Visa
- Holidays are as per academic calendar of the school where you will be teaching
- End of service benefit of one month’s basic salary for each complete year of continuous service (pro rata where required)
- 2yr contract, renewable
- NOTE: No accommodation or schooling is provided.
Please note all employment offers will be subject to 2 professional references and a current DBS check / police clearance
Face to face interviews ONLY
FROM Jan 2017 start dates