English Language Teacher (Grade 8 - 12) UAE (Dubai & Northern Emirates) UAE, UK, US interviews
21000AED (£4600 / $5700) per month tax free) + medical, return flights, visa
United Arab Emirates
We have requirements for English Language Teachers to teach students from Grade 8 to 12 in the UAE. These roles are located in Dubai, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al-Khaimah, Fujaira and Ajman.
Face to face interviews only.
- UAE interviews (Sharjah), 4th Feb 2017 (Plus more dates TBC)
- UK interviews, (Manchester), 4th / 5th Feb 2017 (Plus more dates TBC)
- USA interviews (dates TBC)
SKYPE INTERVIEWS WILL NOT BE CONDUCTED
Please note, priority will be given to applicants with previous Middle East experience
- Responsible for planning, managing and improving the learning of their own students, working with other team members.
- In collaboration with Lead Teachers to implement and continually improve curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment strategies.
- To manage the learning of the students, maintaining records, collaborating with other teachers and promoting staff development in a pro-active manner.
- Responsible for planning and participating in professional development opportunities to further their own knowledge, skills and abilities.
- To manage all facilities and activities related to achieve student learning.
- To play a leadership role in role-modeling behavior, attitudes, and learning behaviors for students.
- Adapt and work to the local working environment and local anomalies and ensure full integration with Emirati counterparts.
- Teaching and assessing students.
- Developing teaching and assessment resources.
- Maintaining student and course records.
- Advising any issues relating to students.
- Responsible for achieving the set learning outcomes in students, and therefore supervise all student activities and processes to ensure outcomes.
- To develop and maintain teaching materials and assist with program quality assurance processes.
- Teachers liaise with Student Counselors, as required. Communicate progress and performance to students and school management/administration.
- Ideally a relevant English degree (preferably at Masters Level) from an accredited higher education institution.
- CELTA or an equivalent certificate for teaching English as a foreign language.
- 2yrs ESL experience
- High School experience teaching ESL
- Experience in the Gulf region is an advantage.
- 21000AED TAX FREE per month (£4600GBP / $5700USD)
- Medical (self and family)
- Initial and end of contract flights for self and family
- Relocation Assistance of 13 days in temporary accommodation (4 days induction + 9 additional days)
- Employment Visa
- Holidays are as per academic calendar of the school where you will be teaching
- End of service benefit of one month’s basic salary for each complete year of continuous service (pro rata where required)
- 2yr contract, renewable
- NOTE: No accommodation or schooling is provided.
Please note all employment offers will be subject to 2 professional references and a current DBS check / police clearance
Face to face interviews ONLY
Start dates - FROM Jan 2017