Performing Arts Lead Trainers (Grade 8 - 12) UAE. UK, UAE, interviews
21000AED (£4600 / $5700) per month tax free) + medical, return flights, visa
United Arab Emirates
m2r Education are working in conjunction with Pure Talent on a highly prestigious government project in the United Arab Emirates.
We require Performing Arts Teachers (FEMALE ONLY) to provide outstanding teaching and learning from KG to Grade 12.These roles are located in Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al-Khaimah, Fujaira and Ajman.
Face to face interviews only.
- UAE interviews, 17th June (Sharjah)
- UK interviews, 24th, & 25th June (Saturday & Sunday) – Manchester & 26th June (Monday) London.
SKYPE INTERVIEWS WILL NOT BE CONDUCTED
Please note, priority will be given to applicants with previous Middle East experience
- To promote a positive teaching and learning environment in Schools across the Northern Emirates.
- To support the English language strategy across all Schools.
- To ensure a successful implementation of the new Performing Arts curriculum and assessment strategy.
- To participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the new curriculum and assessment strategy.
- To support a school-wide reform by participating in and organising PD sessions such as: peerobservations, model lessons, PD workshops and any other activities that promote effective teaching and learning.
- Performing Arts Lead Trainers lead a team of teachers across a cluster of schools operating from Grades K-12, and are supported by the Performing Arts Lead Specialist. All members contribute to the continuous improvement of teaching and learning and support for students.
- Performing Arts Lead Trainers may work with other discipline specialists in a technology-enabled environment to coordinate assignments and projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Performing Arts (Theatre Arts, Drama, Music or Dance);
- B.Ed with a focus on Performing Arts;
- PGCE in Performing Arts
- 2 years’ teaching experience is desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience working in an ESL context.
- Training / Leadership experience.
- THIS POSITION IS ONLY OPEN TO BILINGUAL CANDIDATES (English&Arabic)
- Willingness to work extra-curricular hours as routine.
- Willingness to travel across the designated Sectors.
- Ability to integrate with multi-cultured colleagues.
- Maturity, intelligence, energy and a good sense of humour.
- The ability to operate at all levels of employment and to appreciate the ‘bigger picture’.
- Diplomacy and tact.
- Outstanding initiative and enthusiasm.
- Strong personal qualities, planning and management skills.
- Supervisory abilities and possessing the required levels of moral courage and integrity.
- Smart with healthy / fit appearance and bearing the ability to operate in arduous weather
- conditions (hot).
- Patience, flexibility, strong personality and professional knowledge.
- Ability to gain the confidence of Emirati personnel at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially with school staff.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to Islamic culture
- 21000AED TAX FREE per month (£4600GBP / $5700USD)
- Medical (self and family)
- Initial and end of contract flights for self and family
- Relocation Assistance of 13 days in temporary accommodation (4 days induction + 9 additional days)
- Employment Visa
- Holidays are as per academic calendar of the school where you will be teaching
- End of service benefit of one month’s basic salary for each complete year of continuous service (pro rata where required)
- 2yr contract, renewable
- NOTE: No accommodation or schooling is provided.
Please note all employment offers will be subject to 2 professional references and a current DBS check / police clearance
Face to face interviews ONLY
Start Dates from August 2017 onwards