Life Skills Teacher (Female), Health Education, UAE. UK, UAE interviews
16000AED (£3500 / $4300) per month tax free) + medical, return flights, visa
United Arab Emirates
m2r Education have requirements for Life Skills Teachers to teach a brand new health education related curriculum in the UAE.
These roles are located in Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al-Khaimah, Fujaira and Ajman.The Life Skills curriculum is delivered in all boys and girls schools. (Grades 10, 11 and 12) and are for FEMALE teachers only.
The ideal candidate is a qualified teacher/trainer with energy, enthusiasm and a passion for motivating students to achieve their full potential. You should be adaptable and have full commitment to the profession and show resilience in dealing with the challenges of this position. This is an opportunity to join a simply remarkable team who are raising the standard of education across the UAE and empowering students to realise their full potential.
Face to face interviews only.
- UAE (Sharjah) – 16th & 30th September
- UK (Manchester) - 6th & 7th October (Friday & Saturday)
- UK (London) - 8th & 9th October (Sunday & Monday)
SKYPE INTERVIEWS WILL NOT BE CONDUCTED
- A new Life Skills curriculum for boys and Health Education and Care for Medical Applications (HECMA) for girls has been introduced to empower students with the necessary skills to help them realise their full potential. The curriculums are delivered in schools across the UAE (Grades 10, 11 and 12).
- The curriculum goals are to increase health literacy, improve self-efficiency, enhance social responsibility, promote advocacy and introduce students to the Health sector.
- Students learn to obtain, interpret and apply health information and services in ways that protect and promote personal, family, and community health.
- A new curriculum that covers a range of ‘Life Skills’ topics to include Communication, Teamwork, Leadership, First Aid, Dealing with accidents and emergencies and much more
- A highly practical driven curriculum that recognises the value in developing the student as a whole.
- A curriculum that adopts a teaching and learning strategy aligned with vocational education and training.
- Students acquire safety skills through First Aid training in order to avoid risks of injuries to self and others, at home, at school, and in the community.
- Students are enabled to comprehend the holistic concept of health and wellness and its relationship to healthy lifestyle.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of teaching/training a range of learners aged 11 plus
- Experience of implementing a wide range of teaching/training and learning
- Proven track record of success as an outstanding teacher/trainer
- Proven track record of motivating students to achieve success
- Proven track record of effective behaviour management
- Experience/good understanding of using technology to engage students
- Experience/good understanding of the development and implementation of training programs
- Experience of vocational education/training and has a good understanding of practical learning theories
- Experience of working in the GCC would be an advantage
- Experience of managing student performance and intervention strategies to raise performance
- Experience of special education would be an advantage
- Experience of practical/clinical experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a Life Science or Health Science; or Nursing
- Minimum Level 3 qualification (e.g. NVQ, BTEC)
- Life Skills/Adventure Training/Physical Education training qualification
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Valid Driving License
- IELTS 6+ for non-native English speakers
- Teaching or Assessing qualification (e.g. A1, TAQA, DTLLS, PGCE, Cert. Ed) or equivalent
- Quality Assurance Award (e.g. IV, IQA) or equivalent
- TEFL/CELTA/DELTA qualification would be an advantage
- 16000AED TAX FREE per month (£3500GBP / $4200USD)
- Medical (self and family)
- Relocation (self and family airfare to Abu Dhabi and temporary accommodation of up to 9 nights).
- 2yr contract, renewable
- NOTE: No accommodation or schooling is provided.
Face to face interviews ONLY
Start dates from October 2017.