School Inspector, Dubai (FT / PT roles available)
FROM 32000AED (£7k / $8700 per month), additional allowances, annual tickets and medical for family. Open ended contract. PT packages available
United Arab Emirates
m2r Education have School Inspector opportunties with this semi-government authority in Dubai. They oversee the private education sector, including early childhood education centres, schools, higher education providers, and training institutes. It was established by decree in 2006, under the directive of HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE, and the Ruler of Dubai), with the aim of developing the education and human resource sectors in the Dubai emirate to the level of international standards and best practice.
Positions are open to either native speakers of English or bilingual English / Arabic speakers with a strong school inspection background. Start date is January or August 2018. Part Time Associate Inspector roles available on a FIFO basis too.
The inspection team will assess the quality of educational provision using the United Arab Emiratis UAE nationally agreed criteria-based frameworks as a basis for making judgments on the evidence they collect of observed practice in the schools
- Lead or participate as a team inspector in adherence with the UAE framework and guidelines
- Serve as a reference for the inspection framework to guide and assist in the gathering of evidences and judgment
- Inspect and collect valid evidence on the assigned performance indicators.
- Advise colleagues regarding specific curriculum and assessment arrangement and keep colleagues informed of developments relating to curriculum and assessments
- Monitor the outcomes of inspection within specialist areas
- Contribute to meetings and reliable judgements.
- Provide well-written sections for the report that address and evaluate the elements of performance indicators.
- Provide flexible support to ensure there is sufficient evidence to judge all performance indicators.
- If necessary, contribute towards resolution of any complaint or concern made by the school.
- Act as a mentor, as and when required, to new Associate Inspectors who have limited inspection experience.
Required knowledge, skills and attitudes:
- Have a ualification in ducation or a specific subject (maths, science, English, Arabic & Islamic Studies, Social Studies, SEN, and Early Childhood)
- Have minimum of 5 Years of teaching experience
- Have Inspection/ accreditation experience (license/certificate)
- Have teaching or school leadership experience (teacher, head of department, principal)
- Should not own or have any teaching, association, school managing or consulting experience with Dubai School (should not have a conflict of interest with Dubai schools)
- Have excellent communication skills in English Language. Have excellent communication skills in English and Arabic Language for Bilingual inspectors
- Have knowledge and work experience with different or specific Curriculum
- Have excellent report writing skill
- Have experience of living and working in an international context
- Positions open to Western and English / Arabic biligual inspectors
If you have other skills outside of inspection then you may be asked to utlilise these too, for example research, new policy development etc as inspections only take place between October and March.
This is a full time, permanent role with an open ended contract.
- Skype interview
- Assessment centre in Dubai across 2 days
- From 32000AED (50% basic, 50% housing allowance) dependent upon experience
- Additional allowances based on skill set and experience
- Annual tickets for family
- Medical insurance for family
All roles are based in Dubai only.
Ongoing Start Dates.