Head of Training and Operations, Taiwan
c. NT$60000 + hrly training rate, work visa, medical cover, flights (Excellent package for Taiwan!)
English Language Schools
m2r Education have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head of Training & Operations with an ESL background to work for this well respected provider of business English courses in Taipei, Taiwan. Start date is 1st December 2017.
For over 20 years, they have been providing training and coaching courses for both local and multinational organizations across Taiwan's professional community. Their mission is to help Taiwanese professionals increase their range of influence in the competitive global business community by offering courses that help facilitate clear and effective communication in English. The organisation is western led and extremely stable so you will be working for a very professional company.
- Manage the current team of 30 trainers
- Coach, train and motivate the team
- Monitor work load and resource gaps and develop appropriate solutions
- Revise existing operational procedures, and develop new ones where needed that add value to the business
- Coordinate with recruiters to hire qualified trainers, ensuring capacity keeps pace with the growth of business
- Manage internal testing service (delivery, scheduling, examiner standardization, etc.)
- Conduct needs assessments with new clients and customize (or oversee customization of) training courses accordingly
- Work with the training team to provide the BD team with course outline proposals required to renew ongoing business
- Take on a part-time, select portfolio of around 10 hours per week of training to support key accounts
- Keep abreast of new developments in the industry from both a commercial and pedagogic standpoint
Experience and Qualifications
- Native-English speaker with a training background (ideally at least 4 years business English training)
- Intermediate or above proficiency in Mandarin Chinese (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree
- ESL qualification
- Minimum 2 years team management experience
- Experience with training course design
- Sales team management experience
- Excellent time management skills
- Client-oriented and committed to delivering quality services
As this is a sales role, you will receive a basic salary of $NT60000 (£1500/mth) plus an hourly training rate.
Of course, on paper it will be lower than in the UK / US etc so please bear in mind that this role is in Taiwan where the cost of living is considerably lower and a direct comparison is salaries is not possible. Please refer to this for more information: https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Taipei?displayCurrency=GBP
The package offered (as stated above) is extremely competitive meaning you will be able to live extremely comfortably.
Contracts are for one year and are renewable, you will receive a work visa, medical insurance and help with finding accommodation.
Please only apply if you meet the above minimum criteria and can join on / before December 2017.