Head of German, Geneva, Switzerland
c. £7800 per month, permanent contract
m2r Education are working with this leading school based in Switzerland.
Located in a suburb of Geneva, Switzerland and founded in 1905, they have nearly 1500 students from many different nationalities and regions. They offer a continuous educational program from Nursery through to Year 13 (ages 3-18).
Two language tracks (francophone and bilingual French/English) lead to a choice of three diplomas: International Baccalaureate, Swiss Maturite and French Baccalaureat.
The position is for a Head of the German department and is to start a the end of August 2017. The school offers a pleasant working environment, first-class facilities and the possibility to get involved in many extracurricular activities as well as in the various projects of the school.
- Lead German department
- Manage the education up to the exam classes of the International Baccalaureate, Swiss Maturite and French Baccalaureat
- EU passport holders only (due to strict visa rules in Switzerland)
- A related Degree required, Masters preferred.
- Fully qualified teacher (QTS)
- Bilingual speakers: fluent German speaker with working knowledge of French is a must for this role
- 2 years’ related experience required
- Basic Chinese knowledge is desirable, but not essential
- Permanent contract with the school
- No Visa required for EU Passport holders
- Fantastic Salary up to 98000 Swiss Francs (£7600/month)
- Very close to French border where cost of living is considerably lower
- Very safe country to live in
- Help with finding accommodation
Start date: End of August 2017