Technical Training Manager, Saudi Arabia
FROM £5k per month plus accommodation & transportation allowance, medical cover, flights
We are working on behalf of this leading training provider who has a requirement for a Technical Training Manager with a background in the Oil and Gas industry within the Middle East.
The Technical Training Manager would be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the Technical Training programs and the Technical Training team. The Technical Training Manager will also act as a back-up Lead Internal Verifier to the Vocational Training Manager for all programs.
- Manage the development and completion of all training programs, course materials (theoretical and practical), and assessments to satisfy the clients and Awarding Organisation requirements
- Ensure that the equipment in the workshops and work areas are suitable and adequate in number to complement the training and assessment
- Assist in identifying and sourcing suitable redundant equipment from Operating Companies for training purposes
- Ensure the Vocational Training Manager implements a suitable IV and Quality Assurance system to meet Awarding Organisation requirements and ensure that the quality of all the programs is maintained
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure Quality Control is managed professionally and effectively
- Work closely with the centre Quality Assurance Manager to develop systems and programs that meet his approval
- Effectively manage, and assist in the recruitment of a team of Senior Instructors, Instructors and Technicians
- Develop and manage teaching and assessment schedules in line with the approved curriculum
- Perform Instructor teaching observations
- Coach, train and discipline staff when required
- Conduct staff appraisals as and when directed
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant technical and training qualifications (min Masters Degree in a technical and or training discipline).
- A1 and V1 Workplace Assessor and Verifier qualifications.
- A minimum of 15 years training management experience.
- Significant NVQ / IVQ training, Assessment and Verification experience.
- Experience of training program accreditation, Quality Control, and working with Awarding Bodies.
- Significant technical knowledge and Industrial experience, preferably within the oil & gas or petrochemical sector.
- Proven supervisory/people management experience and excellent leadership skills.
- Significant experience in developing training courses and course materials.
- A high level of presentation skills and effective interpersonal skills.
Due to Saudi Arabian visa restrictions, these roles are only open to western nationals.
The start date is ASAP.
Only suitable applications will be contacted.