Head of Department (FE College) - Al Ahsa, Saudi Arabia
22270 SAR (£4800 / $5900) per month, Medical, 25% of salary for housing and 10% of salary for car allowance, 30 days holiday, visa, flights
We have an exciting opportunity to work in Al-Ahsa, as part of a new strategic partnership with a UK provider to enhance and develop existing colleges operated by the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation (TVTC), which provide technical and vocational education programs.
The Head of Department is the senior member of the coaching team reporting directly into the Principal. This is a senior management position that would line manage the Lead Teaching and Learning Coaches, the Executive Coach, the Quality Manager Coach and the Student Services Manager Coach.
The role would suit someone with a deep understanding of how high performing FE colleges function, and someone with experience of working in and across multiple college functions.
- Performance manage a team of key senior managers.
- Schedule regular 1:1 meeting with all direct reports to monitor progress against the CIP and contractual milestones
- Attend all board meetings and contribute to all senior decision making discussion forums
- Work collaboratively with other coaches in the college to further the improvement agenda.
- Promote and advance an agenda of academic excellence in the FE
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Masters degree (PhD preferred) from an accredited institution
- Certified Prince 2, PMP or similar
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive management background within an educational setting, ideally in the FE sector.
- Extensive experience across college operations, specifically related to quality assurance and/or student services/experiences.
- Possess a strong team work ethic, excellent communication skills and the confidence to influence and negotiate at all levels of the organisation.
- Is knowledgeable about research-based professional development models, powerful professional development designs, and multiple forms of coaching.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Must be able to read and write an acceptable level of English.
- Arabic speakers are highly sought after.
Start date is 22nd Jan 2017