Head of English, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Competitive salary, housing allowance, flights, medical insurance, discounted school fees etc.
m2r Education are working with an established network of international schools with around 226,000 full time students in 9 countries. Currently the schools are present in the UK, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, Oman, the UAE, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
As well as providing a world class education, the schools place heavy emphasis on teacher training through links with universities.
The current requirement is for a Head of English for the school in Malaysia, it’s branch being in Kuala Lumpur which is a British International school.
Current positions are full time, 2-year renewable contracts.
The school uses the Cambridge International curriculum at Primary, Secondary and IGCSE Levels, with a wide range of subjects offered.
- BA, ideally related, from an accredited and recognised institution
- PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification
- 2 years relevant teaching experience
- 2 years relevant management experience
- Age 27 – 60 due to visa process
- British curriculum experience is essential
- Competitive salary
- Housing allowance
- Annual return flights
- School holidays + 18 days public holidays
- Tuition fees (1st child free, 2nd child 50% discount, 3rd child 25% discount)
- Medical insurance, excluding dental cover
- 2 year renewable contract
- End of contract bonus
Notes on package:
- Tuition fees for children as young as three
- KL is about 60% cheaper than the UK and so the housing allowance will easily provide a one bedroom apartment with balcony and enough money left over for transport
- Taxes: for the first 182 days the tax rate is 26% and after that, the rate is 8-13% but teachers can get a rebate from the first 182 days
Interviews on Skype.
Please note all employment offers will be subject to 2 professional references and a current DBS check / police clearance
Start date: August 2017