Maths Teacher (Coaching role) - Brunei
£40k TAX FREE + housing, schooling, flights, medical, visa
We require highly qualified Maths Teachers who have (some) experience of training / mentoring to be part of a new government reform project in Brunei, South East Asia.
This 3 year project aims to raise student standards and teacher capacity and prepare schools and school leaders for the PISA examinations.
This is an opportunity for experienced, specialised educators to be part of a flagship system reform programme and make a genuine difference to Brunei’s school system.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Strong educational sector background in primary or secondary schools, preferably with some experience in an international context
- Post graduate training or qualifications in maths
- Significant experience of achieving improved learning outcomes in numeracy
- Experience of mentoring or coaching colleagues in a school or educational context
- Experience of working on an educational project to raise PISA test scores is preferred.
- Driving licence
Due to local restrictions, applications can only be accepted from teachers under the age of 55 (at time of entry to Brunei) and those who are native speakers of English with western qualfications and experience.
Package and Benefits:
- A tax free salary of around BND 72,000 (approx £40,000) plus 1/6th contract completion bonus
- Family size accommodation provided
- Support for dependents at an international school
- Flights and medical insurance provided
- Visa for family
Jan 2018 start date.